Hungrrr (https://www.hungrrr.co.uk/) is a white-labelled ordering app that holds around 500 restaurants. It’s similar to Hungry House and allows users to search for the nearest takeaway/store and create an order for collection/delivery. It’s a large application that’s been in development for around 10 years – I held the position of API Engineer/Web developer (senior).
I contributed many functions to the system, such as external hardware integrations, payment integrations and order-product management.
I lead the development of all new web features during my tenure and worked closely with mobile development teams and other departments to enhance the product and deliver a suitable solution to feature requests.
- Huge library of functionality
- Handles thousands of orders per day
- API Supporting iOS & Andriod apps
- Extremely flexible
2 Senior level developers, 1 PM, 3 mobile developers, 2 tech support and various UI/UX/Design consultants, a PM and a web designer. Availability of a pool of around 100 senior level developers to bring into the project as required.
- PHP5 / Symfony Components
- MariaDB high performance database structure
- Jquery & various libraries
- Fully whitelabelled
- Fully managed solution
Improvements & Next steps
- Convert the order flow to a more modern JS framework such as React.